2016年9月30日 星期五

[My Students] Katie Frazier

I am very lucky to have studied Chinese with Peter Su! I studied Chinese with Peter one on one from October 2016- August 2016 for 4-5 hours/week.  During this time my Chinese improved more than I could have ever imagined. Through my classes with Peter I was finally able to communicate in Chinese and have full conversations with my Taiwanese friends. 

I chose to focus on just speaking skills instead of Chinese characters during my classes with Peter. He was very accommodating and flexible, teaching me all important grammar rules along with common phrases and words used in Taiwan in particular. My speaking pronunciation and use of tones has improved so much. Peter’s method of teaching tones is what I would definitely recommend.  

Peter also provided lots of extra handouts in addition to the textbook we used. I found these very helpful because they provided a lot of extra practice and were always on important topics.  During every class he provided many examples for every new grammar/vocab point. I found this very useful, it really helps to show you how words are used in daily life.  Peter is a very experienced teacher and it showed through the examples and explanations he provided. He would always point out common mistakes that students make and knew all the topics that students often struggle with.

Peter is a very patient, helpful, knowledgeable, and clear Chinese teacher.  I hope to come back to Taiwan one day and would definitely take classes with Peter again!

Katie Frazier