2016年9月20日 星期二

[My Students] Nancy Zanaty

I am very pleased to write this letter of recommendation of behalf of Peter Su, who was my Chinese teacher in Taiwan from August 2015 to August 2016.  I am an engineer who was sent to Taiwan for a one year work assignment, and wanted to learn some Chinese to make the most of my experience. Peter taught me in a one-on-one setting as a private tutor for 2-4 hours per week. He is very knowledgeable and professional and I am incredibly lucky to have been taught by him.

Peter is a very experienced teacher and this is evident in how much he understands his students. In my lessons with him, he would not only explain fundamentals of Chinese, but he was also able to point out frequent mistakes or confusions that native English speakers make and how to avoid them. Because of Peter’s vast experience, he also knows the best resources for Chinese learners and even supplements his lessons with his own useful handouts.

One of Peter’s best qualities as a teacher is that he is incredibly patient and friendly. He was always very open to answering my questions and working at my pace any time I struggled. He also went beyond his duty as a language teacher and also taught me about the culture of Taiwan and fun things to do and see in my time there.

In my year with him, my Chinese speaking, listening, and reading comprehension improved dramatically. I would recommend Peter to anyone who wants to see real progress in their journey to learn Chinese, whether they are interested in developing their conversation skills or their literacy skills. I am truly grateful for the opportunity I had to learn from him.

Nancy Zanaty