2010年8月1日 星期日
[My Students] 019. Kristen Howe's Comment
I have taken Chinese lessons from Peter for 6 months. Whether you are already studying Chinese and need extra help or are working and don’t have time to enroll in a language school, I strongly recommend Peter. He is extremely flexible and will work to fit your specific learning needs.
Prior to studying with Peter, I had been doing language exchange with my Taiwanese coworkers. When a new teacher joined the language exchange, we started from square one leading me to search for a more serious teacher. If you are unsure about taking lessons, Peter offers free trial lessons, which allow you to get a feel for his teaching methods and level of professional teaching. I can honestly say I learned more in just those first trial lessons than in a few months of language exchange.
One of Peter’s greatest strengths is orienting his teaching individual students’ goals. He often asks for student’s opinions and suggestions and participates in teacher training to continually improve his teaching methods. Peter helped me to identify my learning goals and choose a book suitable to my language level. In addition, he provided a lot of supplemental hands out which really helped to increase my vocabulary. I feel Peter has really researched Chinese language learning and takes his job seriously. He borrows materials from the library as well as other students in order to provide students with practical and authentic learning materials.
In addition, he frequently updates his blog with useful language learning and cultural links. Peter is also very patient and can use English to explain more difficult grammar points if necessary. Peter not only explains grammatical points but also helps you to use grammatical patterns in daily conversation.
Overall Peter is a hardworking, enthusiastic, and flexible teacher. Studying with Peter will really help you to improve your Chinese, no matter what level.
Kristen Howe
howekristen4@gmail.com
