2013年12月30日 星期一

[My Students] Joanna Wuertz's Comment

To Whom It May Concern:

I would love to recommend Peter Su as a Chinese teacher and tutor! Peter tutored me in Chinese for a little less than a year. I was working full time, and Peter was very flexible in meeting me for a couple hours in the evening each week to help me improve my Chinese.

Peter always arrived completely prepared for the lesson. Even though my Chinese skills were very poor and the words and phrases I was learning were basic, Peter found ways to vary the material so that it was engaging, appropriately challenging, and never repetitive. I was never bored during our lessons!

Peter was very patient with me, and often adapted lessons to suit my everyday needs of living and working in Taipei. I grasped vocabulary and grammar lessons more quickly when I was able to use them in the context of my normal life (ex: describing my apartment, or sharing about my family back home). Peter easily kept our lessons on track, but always made time for my questions and the occasional deviation into talking about the local culture. Peter’s English is excellent as well, so he was able to explain difficult language concepts to me when my Chinese comprehension wasn’t adequate.

I would not hesitate to recommend Peter to any teaching program! He is a fantastic teacher, and his lessons really added to my amazing and unforgettable experience living in Taipei.

Kind regards,

Joanna Wuertz